Welcome to Mississauga
Canada’s 6th largest city – featuring a wide selection of sports, recreation, parks and leisure facilities. Mississauga is a great community to host both participant-oriented and spectator-oriented sports events. It offers organizers a resident population of more than 750,000 and access to seven million within 100 kilometres. Excellent facilities and a track record of successful sports event hosting, makes Mississauga a preferred destination.
Come to watch professional basketball or junior hockey live, or consider hosting your sports tournament, multi-sport games, camp, clinic, course or conference event here - we would be pleased to help you.
Sports Parks and Facilities
- The 5,500-seat Hershey Centre is Mississauga’s largest arena venue and home of the Steelheads and Raptors 905.
- SportZone sports complex includes a full indoor soccer fieldhouse, triple gymnasium, fitness centre, lounge, concessions and office space.
- A selection of community centres, fitness centres, golf courses, arenas, artificial turf, grass soccer fields, baseball diamonds, trails, picnic areas, beach volleyball, tennis, bocce and basketball courts (locate here) are nestled into neighbourhoods city-wide.
- Mississauga boasts many shopping, entertainment, accommodation and restaurant choices as well as an active cultural life with galleries, theatres, art centres, concert halls and museums.
- The beautiful Credit River Valley provides scenic recreational parkland. Two marinas along the shores of Lake Ontario provide outdoor leisure opportunities.
- MiWay is the third largest municipal transit system in Ontario and connects residents and visitors to Pearson International Airport , GOTransit, TTC, VIA Rail, AMTRAK and other transit options.
- Mississauga is serviced by seven major highways and approximately 110 kilometres from the Canada/USA border.